Please come and speak with me about these positions!
I get email alerts every so often from job websites, and this one caught my eye. It’s for a Jr. Graphic Design position at Vitamin T. The job description is below:
Want to work for a great Boston agency? Our client is looking for a talented jr. designer! This position is full time hours and temp to perm. You’ll be working with a talented team on key agency projects.
– A portfolio showing a range of work… print, digital, identity (spec work ok!)
– Strong Adobe CS Skills
– Motion graphics skills are a plus!
If you’re interested in applying, check out the job posting.
So this isn’t an illustration or graphic design job posting, but it is a pretty awesome looking animation job posting! I think it would be absolutely amazing to work with LAIKA, especially with the actual figures!
- General Summary
- The Facial Animator creates the performance of an animated character, conveying emotion, movement, action and personality. He or she analyzes the story reel and audio file for each shot in the film to create realistic facial performances including overall acting and detailed lip sync. This is done by analyzing hundreds of pre‐made faces (in prepared “face libraries”) and the Facial Animator will choose the most appropriate selection for each shot. The process also includes detailed head and camera animation for every shot. This allows for the accurate pre‐visualization of the facial animation for every (applicable) character shot in the film.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates rough animation for the Directors, Animation Supervisor, Facial Animation Supervisor, and Stop‐motion Animators for their approval.
- Works with Directors, Animation Supervisor, Facial Animation Supervisor, and Stop‐ motion Animators to finalize animation and prepare facial performances for the stage.
- Works several weeks ahead of the production schedule to ensure adequate time to meet with the Directors, Animation Supervisor, Facial Animation Supervisor, and the Stop‐motion Animators to perfect the facial performances before the scheduled shoot date.
- Takes creative direction from the Directors, Animation Supervisor, Facial Animation Supervisor, and Stop‐motion Animators to ensure the highest quality of facial animation possible.
- Responsible for the daily operations and scheduling of the Facial Animation office.
- Works with the Facial Animation Supervisor and stage Animators to ensure that all shots are delivered and revised with the highest of efficiency.
- Animates using computer software such as Maya.
- Has intimate knowledge of all face shapes in order to effectively match the directors’ performance requests.
- Reads and breaks down dialog tracks and plan shots.
- Does extensive testing of the faces for the RP department to ensure that the kits are built efficiently and accurately.
- Communicates daily with production and editorial to stay abreast of all changes in dialog and actions.
- Works with Face Librarians to avoid delays on stage when face conflicts arise, or when last minute changes are required.
- Identifies upcoming shots that may require building custom faces.
- Prepares exposure sheets and quick‐times for animators and for the editorial department.
- Helps with training new Facial Animators and Track Readers
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years experience as an Animator in the entertainment industry
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles.
- Stop Motion animation a PLUS.
- Working knowledge of Maya.
- Ability to bring characters to life.
- Acting skills are important.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
- Position Type
I always thought it would be interesting to be a designer in the gamer world even tho I’m not much of a gamer. They way this company words their job posting is inviting and made me feel like I would wan to work with them. Also, a must that they included was that we MUST have a highly polished portfolio!
Manager Creative Digital Design
More information about this job:
L.L.Bean has been a trusted source for quality apparel, reliable outdoor equipment and expert advice for over 100 years. Leon Leonwood Bean (L.L. Bean) founded his business in 1912 on a passion for the outdoors, a profound belief in honesty, and an unwavering commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Since we opened for business, the principles of innovation, integrity, service and respect have helped develop our brand and fueled our success.
L.L.Bean is looking for a Manager of Creative Digital Design to join their Creative Brand Communications team in beautiful Freeport, Maine. This position is a “player coach” who is able to both produce excellent catalog, web and digital marketing assets and use that expertise to coach and direct others. The Creative Manager will demonstrates a clear professional design point of view and is able to explain to staff the subtle differences between excellent and “good” design. Responsible for the ideation and design of solutions from concept to completion this role partners with Product Development and upper management, using expertise in visual communication and problem solving. In addition this role mentors/leads other designers, providing examples, coaching and offers guidance. He/she will be responsible for managing on-time and on-budget the completion of all L.L.Bean creative production across web and digital efforts.
- Lead a team of designers in the development of catalog, digital advertising and web pages
- Assume a leadership role in translating the department’s vision into actionable goals and communicate the strategy and accountabilities necessary to achieve the goals
- Able to convert broad brand strategy and principles into specific communications that are both hard selling and support our brand vision and identity.
- Collaborate with partners in merchandising and marketing to develop pages and promotion that deliver against brief and drive results.
- Collaborate with copywriters on proper application of brand appropriate copy elements to ensure strategic solutions, synergy and consistency.
- Review layouts & mechanicals with Creative Design Director, Project Managers and/or Creative Leadership.
- Represent Brand Communications in meetings with merchandising and marketing partners.
- Partner with Art Directors to ensure proper application and consideration of photography assets.
- Stay abreast of industry changes and keep Direct Channel and Merchandising apprised of enhancements and opportunities in web and cross channel integration.
- Applies expert aesthetic “eye” to convey brand, strategy and editorial messages in unique and innovative ways.
- Provides input in the development of new processes that improve overall work quality and flow.
- Applies knowledge and understanding of consumer marketing & psychology and its role in effective advertising & sales promotion.
- Develop and insure implementation of Graphic Standards.
- Create and sustain a motivating working environment by managing direct reports.
- Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean Comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Take immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions. Ensure compliance of front line employees with comprehensive health and safety program.
L.L. Bean offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and a significant (25-40%) discount. For more details, please visit our website at llbeancareers.com and refer to the “benefits” section.
All exempt salaried full-time corporate positions are eligible for relocation benefits, based on eligibility.
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
- Portfolio that demonstrates superb design skills (including responsive design, and user experience), preferably featuring fashion and or apparel across all platforms
- Solid digital creative experience in a large retail or e-commerce environment
- Demonstrated understanding of cohesive brand messaging
- Strong ability to incorporate customer research and business strategy into creative solutions
- Demonstrates ability to consistently produce high production level design
- Has developed a clear point of view about what is excellent design
- Experience creating hard selling direct to consumer assets
- Ability to prioritize tasks and milestones effectively
- Strong communication skills
- High quality standards
- Understanding of budget and expense management
- Education Level: BA/BS or equivalent Experience Level: 5+ years
This job position looks like one would be able to work with other areas besides graphic design, including marketing, digital advertising, branding, web design, business communication, etc. L.L. Bean does a lot of its selling through their catalog that is published multiple times a year, so I think working on a catalog design layout would be an interesting yet rewarding challenge!
I found this job on indeed.com, and thought it was interesting because I always see Wayfair’s commercials on TV and did not know they were in Boston. Here is the job description:
Boston, MA, United States
“Junior Graphic Designer
About the Job
Title: Junior Graphic Designer
We are seeking a Junior Graphic Designer for a global fashion company located in San Francisco, CA.
Ideal Junior Graphic Designer will be a recent design school graduate with 0-2 years industry experience in print or digital graphic design for a fashion, beauty, or lifestyle company. We are willing to consider portfolios that reflect strong branding and fashion aesthetic that are majority school project-based.
Junior Graphic Designer must be proficient in the full Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) and have a passion for fashion!
Junior Graphic Designer Pay: Up to $20/Hour
Please send along BOTH a current resume and portfolio for consideration.”
I’m not into the fashion/beauty industry at all but this posting caught my eye because it’s one of the few job postings I’ve seen these days that actually doesn’t require much work experience. Also the job emphasizes proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, which we are all familiar with.